With less than a week left in Lima, I'm having a wide range of thoughts...
♦I'm going to miss going to Deporte y Vida in Villa El Salvador and all the friendly loving faces there.
♦I'm excited to soon be living in an environment in which I can cook for myself and serve myself my own portions of food.
♦I love feeling comfortable and confident in a place that was scary and unnerving a few months ago... a place written about by a famous author (back when the population was only 1 million instead of 9 million) as the beast with 1 million heads.
♦It's 60 degrees and I'm freezing all the time. Why? Because there's a lot of humidity and there is no such thing as heaters or anything of that sort here. My laptop heats me more than anything.
♦I should be working on my paper for anthropology, but I'm lacking in motivation.
♦I'm excited to go hiking in a week!
♦I'm so sick of listening to people making a huge deal out of vegetarianism.
♦God has truly blessed me this semester.
♦I don't want to have to pack up my things again in 4 days.
♦I so excited. I'm almost done with classes.
♦I love walking or running along the malecón.
♦The polution in this city is atrocious. It does to the lungs what smoking 3 cigarettes a day does.
♦Switching from using soles to the euro is not going to be fun.
♦I love it when micro-rides cost less than I expect.
♦I see so many amazing people that I wish I could pluck out of their poor situations and give them the opportunity to thrive and flourish.
♦I'm going to miss the combi and micro rides in a strange sort of way... they are a big part of every day.
♦I wish it were sunny.
♦I'm going to miss all the people I've come to know and love.
♦I wish I could see my family and friends from the States.
♦I love how warm and friendly Peruvian culture is.
♦I'm going to miss not being able to show up late for everything.
♦No wonder the USA doesn't have a very popular image when we have an embassy that looks like a fort and takes up a huge chunk of space in a part of Lima away from the other embassies.
♦I love all the kisses that I get and give daily, especially from all the children at Deporte y Vida. It still makes me smile when someone joins a group discussing and gives about 15 people kisses and leaves 2 minutes later and gives each person in the group kisses once more before leaving.
♦I'm excited to breathe in air outside of this city that doesn't do the same thing to my lungs as smoking 3 cigarettes a day.
♦I find the policemen on segues amusing and it's impossible not to smirk.
No comments:
Post a Comment