Wednesday, January 19, 2011

back at Doane...

I'm back at Doane and getting into the swing of things again. Today is the third time it has snowed since I've been in Crete, I believe. Although it isn't a lot of fun to be out in the cold weather, silently sinking snowflakes drift through the air resting on trees and on Doane Lake leaving a beautiful scenery lying all around. I can't stop thinking about how blessed to have the luxury of being in a safe, warm building whenever I please.

In some ways it is nice to be back, but in other ways I feel out of place. It will take time to meet new students, get reacquainted with old ones and I'll need to continue to remember that change is a simple part of life.

This month I've been taking sign language class. It's been interesting and I have learned quite a bit. Indoor track season is in full swing, but I have not competed yet, and may wait until outdoor season to begin competing again.

Highlights of my past 2 weeks on campus include cooking and eating with friends, rooming with a really good friend, volunteering for adult English as a Foreign Language classes again, and receiving a visit of my brother, Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment