Sunday, September 12, 2010

Die Sonne scheint!... The sun is shining!

Today has been a gorgeous day. It's been one whole rainless day of sunshine. I woke up and had a great hour-long run through the forest and discovered a gorgeous meadow. When one runs along the perimeter it is possible to gaze down on forest and villages below. The last of summers flowers covered in dew and colorful trees showing signs of autumn were a sight. One my way back I was able to see the tiny little black doorway where the trees parted for the trail, other than that, it was not evident that a trail even existed.

I then went to the church on Albani Platz where I got to listen to some beautiful organ music and of course Luther's famous "A Mighty Fortress..."

This afternoon, Steffi, a German lady, who I met a few weeks ago who was interested in practicing her English, invited me over to her house for cake and tea. I met her husband and we chatted for a while. then we went to a little lake or pond nearby and went for a walk. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to go for a walk in a new place.

I've barely spent anytime indoors. Who knows if there will be any more days of nice weather. I sure enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy hearing about your travels. It sounds wonderful. Running for an hour + to one that does not enjoy running sounds like work. The sights though sound very intriguing! David has been all over Europe the past two weeks and should be heading home Sunday. We look forward to seeing you again and hearing about your travels in person.

    Love, David and Tina

    ReplyDelete